Payroll / HRIS Specialist
If you enjoy the fast-paced world of finance, this role in Boston is right for you!
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage monthly and biweekly multi-state payroll for approximately 375 employees while ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Calculate and process payroll transactions to be entered into payroll system.
- Verify accuracy of information received to be entered into payroll.
- Input relevant information into payroll/HRIS system including new hires, terminations, commissions, travel and entertainment reimbursement, tuition reimbursement payments; changes to compensation, addresses, tax withholding changes, direct deposits, retroactive pay, relocation reimbursements, manual check entries, and garnishments
- Reconcile and audit payroll. Troubleshoot errors and issues.
- Process stop payments and / or adjustments.
- Provide payroll reporting as necessary.
- Act as point of contact for tax related information including local tax requirements, registration with jurisdictions and working with Ceridian tax filing for other payroll tax related activity.
- Work with HR Assistant to maintain payroll files.
- 3 - 5 years of payroll processing experience, experience with Ceridian required.
- Experience with Ceridian Web Product preferred.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Detail and results oriented.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Follow through skills.
- Proven initiative, and demonstrated skills for organization and multi-task prioritization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.