Human Resources Assistant Job Description
The Human Resources assistant assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties. The HR assistant carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: departmental development, HRIS, employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organization development, executive administration, and employment.
The HR assistant has partial responsibility for these areas:
· recruiting and staffing logistics;
· performance management and improvement tracking systems;
· employee orientation, development, and training logistics and recordkeeping;
· assisting with employee relations;
· company-wide committee facilitation and participation;
· company employee communication;
· compensation and benefits administration and recordkeeping;
· employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health reporting; and
· employee services;
· maintaining employee files and the HR filing system;
· assisting with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR office.
The Human Resources assistant contributes to the accomplishment of Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
The Human Resources assistant helps with the implementation of services, policies, and programs through HR staff; reports to the HR director, and assists company managers with HR issues.
· Safety of the workforce.
· Development of a superior workforce.
· Development of the Human Resources department.
· Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
· Personal ongoing development.