- Develops marketing objectives and strategies in accordance with overall domestic/ international corporate objectives and mandate as established by the President. Directs and coordinates Marketing and Sales functional units so that their activities are carried out in an integrated manner and consistent with corporate goals and objectives.
- Establishes domestic/international marketing and sales strategies, programs, including pricing, distribution, advertising and promotion policies; develops volume, product mix and market share objectives, and monitors performance against objectives.
- Directs market research, product planning, and sales forecasting in order to plan and facilitate the strategic direction of company products and contribute to the overall assessment of product feasibility, competitive positioning, and revenue expectations.
- Establishes accountability and authority limits for subordinates and monitors their performance in execution of business plans, and objectives, taking corrective action where warranted.
- Implements on a continuous basis an organizational structure and staffing plan that meets the on-going operational needs of Marketing, and presents candidates for key management positions to the President for approval.
- Establishes an organizational climate conducive to maximizing employee potential and productivity and retention of key personnel; ensures implementation of corporate policies and programs to motivate, reward and compensate employees in a manner consistent results achieved.
- Represents the organization in important external business relationships with major clients, joint venture partners, consultants and suppliers, and the public so that the organization's image is reflected in the most positive manner and where such contacts are critical to the achievement of Marketing objectives.
- Participates as a member of the Executive Committee, recommends on policy revisions, attends Board meetings, and advises Chief Executive Officer and Board on matters affecting company Marketing.