Bids and Proposal Manager (Ref: BPM)[/LTR]
They are in regular contact with executive management, departmental and project management and other senior personnel in Project Operations. Working closely with the Sales force, Senior Management, Estimating and Legal/ Commercial Groups, they help formulate bidding and execution strategies and are responsible for the organization, production and timely delivery of persuasively-written, responsive bids. Post-bid submissions, Proposals Managers organize the response to requests for clarification, manage client presentations and take part in negotiations. Proposals Managers also undertake pre-qualification work.
· Arrange and supervise the activities of assigned personnel to develop required proposals; arrange participation of all departments and divisions needed for proposal effort.
· Review with Managers the level of effort, proposal strategy, the type of response, scope of work and main proposal themes for each proposal.
· Issue Proposal Strategy and Summary identifying key aspects of proposal in accordance with standard distribution.
· Prepare, monitor and control the proposal schedule.
· Act as single point contact with Client on all formal matters relating to assigned proposals.
· Highly motivated, well organized, resourceful and proactive with a tenacious and empowering team orientated style.
· Well-developed written and verbal communications and presentation skills.
· Commercial awareness and proven expertise in budgeting, planning, negotiating, organizing and financial control.
· Experience of the preparation of proposals for major capital projects.
· A minimum of 10 years experience.